*can sub taro or yuca
- 1 lb malanga, taro, or yuca, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup beef or chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 – 4 Tbsp fat of choice olive oil or ghee
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Begin by rinsing your root well under running water. Then, use a kitchen peeler to peel.
- Chop into chunks and add to a pot filled with filtered water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until very tender
- Strain in a colander, then add to a large bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher. Add bone broth, coconut milk, and oil to desired consistency
- If you like, use a hand mixer to whip your mashed starch.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!