Enjoy these 3 healthy chocolate recipes for you or your Valentine.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars:
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (gluten free, if desired)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey (agave nectar if vegan)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
For chocolate drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make oat flour: Place oats into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. You may need to stop blender and stir oats a couple of times to ensure that all oats have been blended. Transfer oat flour medium bowl; whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Place bananas, vanilla, applesauce, and honey into blender; blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add to oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool 10-15 minutes on wire rack.
- Prepare drizzle by adding 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir well to combine then drizzle over the top of bars. Cut bars into 16 squares and enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding:
- 1-14 oz (400 ml) can of coconut milk (can use almond milk)
- 2 oz (~50 g) of your favorite dark chocolate (85% or higher), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 5-6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, chopped dark chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Warm the milk until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds and vanilla extract.
- Stir thoroughly until the chia seeds begin to thicken the mixture a bit.
- Pour into small serving cups and refrigerate for at least an hour until the mixture is very thick.
- Top with shaved dark chocolate (optional)
Chocolate Kiss Smoothie:
- 6 large (washed) organic kale leaves
- 2 bananas
- 2 scoops of cocoa powder
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Handful of ice
Blend kale, bananas, almond milk, cocoa powder and almond butter until smooth. Slowly add in ice and blend once more. Add toppings of your choice. Serve immediately or stash in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Option to add a vegan protein powder to make it more of a meal..