SUMMER QUINOA SALAD
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup organic tomato
- 1 cup yellow squash
- 1 cup organic great northern bean (canned)
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsps yellow mustard
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Rinse quinoa thoroughly until water runs clear and drain. Add quinoa and water to a small pot. Bring to a boil, stir, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, mix the dressing, mustard, vinegar, italian spices and black pepper in a large bowl. Chop the carrots, green beans, tomatoes and squash. Toss the vegetables in the bowl with the dressing.
3. Rinse and drain the beans, then add to the other ingredients.
4. When the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the other ingredients and mix well. Serve as is, or for best results chill for one hour prior to serving.
**RECIPE modified from food.com**.