It’s easy to feel overwhelmed, angry, immobilized by sadness when tragedy strikes, when life doesn’t seem to be going your way or mother nature creates unbelievable devastation.
It feels like these days we can not turn on the news without feeling incredibly sad or horrified and while it is good to feel our feeling it is also important to not allow ourselves to stay stuck and paralyzed by them.
There is a great quote by Mr Rogers that says:
How beautifully true and what a great perspective to teach and embrace.
Whenever there is this kind of darkness, there is also incredible light and goodness.
Our love and humanity shine through in so so many ways. In tragedy and devastation people come together. In our personal set backs our friends and family gather around us and support us. So, when you are overwhelmed with emotion remember to ask yourself
how can I let my light shine right now?
But if this all feels easier said then done try these 3 tips to find your inner happiness:
1. Get back into your body. Take a walk or soak in an epsom salt bath. Epsom salts trigger the release of endorphins, those magical chemicals that are responsible for feelings of well-being
2. Send love and turn off the news(or erase the mean emails). Wherever your sadness stems from find something or someone to send love to before bed. (and NEVER watch the news right before bed!!!!). Tonight try sending loving healing thoughts to yourself before bed and see how much better that makes you feel.
3. BREATHE in gratitude! – Try the 4-7-8 breathing exercise. Calm the body, relax the mind and breathe in what you are grateful for.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count ofeight.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
- Breathe in what you are grateful for and exhale what upsets you.
Go let your light shine beautiful one. The world needs it and YOU deserve it.
Hugs, Health and Happiness,