Spring is time for asparagus and with a bit of a chill in the air today I thought this Creamy Asparagus Soup* would make a great Meatless Monday meal.
Creamy Asparagus Soup
Large stock pot
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bunch asparagus (about 25-30 stalks)
1 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil
1 tsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
4 cups pure water
- Slice up the rest of the asparagus into tiny disks.
- Place coconut oil and onion in large stock pot and heat over medium-high for 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add asparagus (not your garnish) and cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- cut up the thyme leaves
- Add to stock pot and stir. Add water to stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Place garnish in your hot soup to blanch for 1 minute and remove—set aside. Tongs are great for this.
- Transfer soup to blender, add lime juice, salt and cashews —purée until ultra smooth.
Serve hot or cold.
*Taken from YUM Universe. A vegan and gluten free website of awesome recipes and goodies. .