Here are my top 8 healthy and convenient foods
- Edamame – Low in calories, high in fiber and protein making this the perfect on the go snack
- Banana – This nifty fruit comes in its own package – just peel and enjoy. Bananas are high in potassium, a mineral that helps regulate fluid and electrolyte balance, blood pressure, and heartbeat. Bananas are a great source of vitamin B6 and pectin, a soluble fiber that helps lower LDL, the “bad” cholesterol.
- Kind Bars – They are the perfect filling, portable and easy to bring with you. Having these on hand to save you from a desperate trip to the vending machine or drive-thru. Pick up bars that are about 200 calories each and not filled with a ton of crappy ingredients
- Nuts -Especially almonds and walnuts. ANd make them fun add curry seasoning or other spices you love
Although nuts are high in fat, it’s mostly the good-for-you monounsaturated kind that helps lower blood cholesterol. Nuts are chock full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Both almonds and walnuts contain vitamin E, magnesium, and a tiny bit of iron. An antioxidant in walnuts called ellagic acid may even fight cancer.
- Seaweed Snacks – These dried pieces of seaweed are packed with nutrients salt for a crisp, delicious snack.
- Celery sticks with almond butter – eating the two together gives you everything you need protein, fat and carbs.
- Hard Boiled Eggs -eggs really are one of nature’s most perfect portable foods. Packed with protein and antioxidants, they satisfy your hunger and improve your health. Try Eggland’s Best Hard-Cooked Peeled eggs for a no-muss, no-fuss snack or meal. Along with the usual protein punch, these edible orbs also deliver 10 times more vitamin E and two times more omega-3 fatty acids than other eggs
- Good old fashion veggies– bell pepper strips, celery sticks, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
Veggies are packed with vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. Plus, they’re crunchy, low in calories, and full of fiber, which fills you up. Skip the dressing and enjoy the fresh flavor of the vegetables.