Hopefully you’ve been implementing my simple tricks and your ready to rock in your new body. I’m excited to hear how things have been working for you and even more excited to introduce you to the Positive Body Program that starts in a few weeks. There is so much more good stuff to share with you so be sure to get on our email list at positivebodyprogram.com so you don’t miss out on the goodies.
The final trick to shed those last few pounds is something you do everyday. And that’s Breathing!
Breathing is probably the most important function of the body and oxygen is, by far, the most vital element for staying alive. Without sufficient oxygen, we literaly shut down.
You would think that we know how to breathe properly by now! But we don’t. We often take shallow breaths or even hold our breath when stressed.
This causes MORE fatigue, lack of clarity and often poor decision making. AKA overeating just because we’re not breathing at our best. Proper breathing will significantly increase your metabolism.
Try the 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count ofeight.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
Be sure to do this as often as you need, especially before you eat to help aid in weight loss and proper digestion.
Hugs, health and happy weight loss,