Here are two healthy, simple and satisfying recipes for the next time you are cravings something sweet. Remember, adding sweet foods will help you reduce those cravings.
Nutty Breakfast Quinoa
- 1 cup organic almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic quinoa, ( note: rinse quinoa or best soak 8 hours)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, organic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons organic agave nectar or raw honey
Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in blackberries and cinnamon; transfer to four bowls and top with pecans. Drizzle 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey over each serving.
Raw Chocolate Pudding
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 to 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or agave nectar (more to taste if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond butter (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth! Serve chilled..