A week worth of healthy lunches:
- Mediterranean Plate
Serve 6 Tbs. hummus, 6 kalamata olives, 1 toasted whole-grain pita (cut into triangles), 1/2 cup cucumber slices, and 1/2 cup baby carrots.
- Edamame & Broccoli Rice Bowl
Whisk together 1 Tbs. chunky natural peanut butter, 2 Tbs. 100% pineapple juice, 1 Tbs. water, and 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce. Toss with 2 cups broccoli florets and 1/2 cup shelled edamame; sauté 8 minutes. Serve over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.
- Guac & Greens Burrito
Wrap whole-grain tortilla around 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans, 1/4 cup steamed spinach, and one-third avocado mashed with 2 Tbs. green salsa.
- Pesto & White Bean Quinoa
Combine 1 Tbs. prepared pesto, 1/2 cup canned white beans, 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup baby spinach, and 2 Tbs. almond slivers. Serve with 1/2 cup cooked quinoa.
- Chickpea Salad with Pita Croutons & Tatziki
Combine 1/4 cup 2% low-fat Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup shredded cucumber, sea salt, and pepper. Toss with 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup each chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained). Top with 1 toasted whole-wheat pita, chopped.
- Asian Bowl or wrap
Combine 1/2 cup broccoli slaw, 1/4 cup edamame, 1/4 cup slivered almonds, ½ cup red pepper, and 1 tsp. each low-sodium soy sauce, dark sesame oil, brown sugar, and grated fresh ginger. Wrap mixture in 10-inch whole-grain tortilla or serve over brown rice
- Chopped Salad with BBQ Tempeh
- Toss 3 cups chopped romaine-spinach mix, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, 2 Tbs. chopped red onion, 2 Tbs. Italian vinaigrette. Sauté 4-oz. piece tempeh in 2 Tbs. barbecue sauce until warm. Serve over salad.