Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but for most people it is the most difficult to manage. For those of you who need a quick grab and go breakfast here are 5 of my favorite easy peasy healthy breakfasts.
5 Quick and Easy Breakfast Options –
- Avocado Toast – toast some gluten free bread (my fav is Udi’s Omega Bread) smear some avocado on top, drizzle some flax oil and sprinkle some crushed red pepper
- Green Smoothie and Eggs – Blend up a green smoothie ( 2 cups greens like spinach or arugula, 2 cups fruit like mango, banana or berries and 2 cups of water or coconut water) and a hard boiled egg. Everything here can be prepared the night before. How’s that for quick.
- Almond and Chia Toast – This breakfast is like dessert. Toast gluten free bread spread some natural almond butter and sprinkle some chia seeds on top. Add slices of a banana if you’re feeling crazy!
- Leftovers – who says you need to eat typical breakfast foods for breakfast?? My favorite quick meal is my leftover grains (whatever the recipe) topped with an over easy egg.
- DIY Parfait – Grab an organic plain greek yogurt top with gluten free granola and sprinkle with any or all of the following seeds: hemp, flax, chai, and finish with a dash of raw honey
GRAB AND GO OPTIONS –
If you really are on the go here are 3 of my favorite eat on the run options (BUT PLEASE remember that the above options are better for you and can be just as quick):
Try these Sambazon Acai smoothies found at most grocery or convenient stores: http://www.sambazon.com/products-browser
Starbucks Spinach and Feta Wrap – although they have greens and protein these guys are 36% of your sodium intake so beware.
Kind Bars -the Kind bars are a good option because they’re a great combination of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats..