Chocolate Ginger Berry Smoothie –
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons raw cocao powder
- 1 cup almond, soy or hemp milk
Just blend up all the ingredients and enjoy! It makes a great power-packed breakfast full of protein, fiber, and tons of antioxidants and minerals from the berries, cacao and ginger. It’s also a great drink for before or after workouts because of the high protein content.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Recipe: Dark Chocolate Oats
- 1/2 cup [gluten-free] oats, old fashioned, or quick-cooking oats (may substitute ¼ cup [gluten-free] steel cut oats)*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) berries, fresh, or frozen, thawed berries (may substitute 1 sliced banana)
Prepare the oats with water or skim milk according to package directions.
Stir the cocoa powder, agave, and vanilla extract into the prepared oatmeal. Top with berries (or sliced banana).
Double Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars–
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup chopped banana chips
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork and then add the canola oil and brown sugar. Mix well until there are no sugar lumps left.
In another (smaller) bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oats. Mix into wet ingredients and add banana chips and chocolate chips.
Pat batter down into a greased square 8-inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cool before cutting into squares.