Miso Soup with Pumpkin and Onion – A Meatless Monday Meal!!
This pumpkin miso soup is much heartier than than the basic miso soup recipe– it makes a great one pot meal in the fall and makes for a great meatless Monday meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- roasted soybeans, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, broth, water, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add almond milk and miso; cook for 1 minute more (do not boil).
- Transfer soup to a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Add basil and purée for 30 seconds. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with soy nuts.