HOME TOUCH TRAIL MIX
2 cups almonds, raw
1 cup pecans
2 cups walnuts, raw
2 cups pumpkin or squash seed, raw
2 cups dried cranberries (unsweetened)
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1. In a bowl mix together almonds, pecans, walnuts and seeds. Cover with water and soak overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
3. Rinse and discard soaking water.
4. Add cranberries and add olive oil. Mix until everything is coated well.
5. Spread the mixture out evenly on baking sheet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until you can smell the roasting nuts and they start to turn a lot.
6. Cool and store in air-tight glass container.
* Try any nuts and dried fruits you like
* The nuts and seeds can be soaked for a few hours to help their digestibility
Ingredients: 1 to 2 bunches kale, Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Remove kale from stalk, leaving the greens in large pieces.
3. Place a little olive oil in a bowl, dip your fingers and rub a very light coat of oil over the kale.
4. Place kale on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until it starts to turn a bit brown. Keep an eye on it as it can burn quickly.
5. Turn the kale over and bake with the other side up. Remove and serve.
HONEY SESAME SNACKS
¾ cup sesame seeds
1 ½ tablespoons raw honey
1. Grind ½ cup sesame seeds in a coffee grinder or suribachi. Grind well, but not so much that they become nut butter.
2. Place in a bowl, add honey and combine with a fork until it becomes a unified paste. Roll into ½-inch balls.
3. Toast the rest of the seeds in a sauté pan for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until they turn golden brown and transfer them to a bowl.
4. Roll the balls in the toasted sesame seeds.
5. Eat warm or refrigerate.