As my clients and friends know, I have been slightly obsessed with my rebounder for years now. Out of all the exercises I have tried, I find rebounding to be the most fun, the least impact on my joints, an awesome abs workout and I burn more calories than most other cardiovascular exercises. Almost 700 calories in an hour! I’d say that’s the perfect exercise, wouldn’t you?
Put simply – rebounding is bouncing on a mini trampoline. Unlike regular trampolining, the aim isn’t to bounce high or perform gymnastic tricks, but to perform a series of small, controlled movements.
The rebounder looks easy, but don’t be fooled this little trampoline is a serious core workout. It will help you develop balance, coordination, and has been proven to increase bone mass and prevent osteoporosis without the high impact. The rebounder absorbs 87% of the shock so it’s safe for anyone even people who have back and knee injuries.
This cellular exercise not only gets the juices flowing, but it also helps to drain the lymphatic system thereby removing toxins and then delivering and absorbing nutrients at the cellular level where it can be converted into energy. This makes rebounding a great exercise to do to help the body detoxify on a daily basis.
What else can you expect from rebounding:
- Weight loss
- Improves circulation
- Enhances digestion and elimination processes
- Increases the capacity of heart and lungs
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves muscle tone (particularly legs, thighs, hips, abdomen and arms)
- Increases energy and vitality
- Minimizes the number of colds, allergies and digestive disturbances
- Boosts overall immune system
These days many gyms are offering rebounding classes..