Eating fiber helps you feel full, keeps your digestive system functioning properly and helps you lose weight.
4 ways fibers helps you lose weight:
1. Fiber helps curb your appetite
2. Fiber allows you to eat larger volume of food without consuming a lot of calories
3. Fiber slows down the rate at which your body converts carbohydrates into sugar
4. Fiber has a flushing effect. It actually reduces the calories you are already eaten. For every 1g of fiber you consume 7g of calories get eliminated in your waste
The weight loss math:
35g fiber X 7 calories eliminated= 245 calories per day eliminated
7.595 calories /month = YOU’LL LOSE 2.17 lbs a month or 26 lbs a year
Some tips for increasing fiber intake:
• Eat whole fruits instead of drinking fruit juices.
• Eat lots of green veggies (brussel spouts, and broccoli are the heights in fiber)
• Replace white rice, bread, and pasta with brown rice and whole-grains.
• Choose oats for breakfast.
• Snack on raw vegetables instead of chips, crackers, or chocolate bars.
• Substitute legumes for meat two to three times per week in chili and soups.
• Experiment with international dishes (such as Indian or Middle Eastern) that use whole grains and legumes as part of the main meal (as in Indian dahls) or in salads (for example, tabbouleh).
Fiber count in foods:
Bananas, 3 grams – medium 8″ long
Broccoli, 4-5 grams
Lentils, 6 grams
Greens, 4-6 grams – beet greens, collards, kale, spinach, turnip greens
Berries, 4-5 grams – blackberries, raspberries
Sweet Corn, 5 grams.