1 cup cooked quinoa
½ cup shredded cheese + 2 tablespoons of cheese
½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
½ teaspoon ground pepper
3 tablespoons of marinara sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons italian seasoning
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Marinara Sauce, for dipping
How to Cook the Quinoa
Mix ½ cup uncooked and washed quinoa with 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt.
Bring to a boil first and then lower heat. Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes until fluffy.
You should get about 1 ½ cups of cooked quinoa (you only need 1 cup for the recipe, so you could always make extra pizza bites or use it another time).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 mini muffin tin pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin, packing them in.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil for about 1 minute (please watch them, they burn easily).
- After broiling, allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Serve with Marinara Sauce.