I asked you in the newsletter today to think about what you’ve accomplished over the past 12 years. For many people, celebrating our accomplishments is a challenge and our brain goes right to what we haven’t yet done.
Here are a few ideas to help you focus on the things you have achieved small or large.
- Accomplishment journal: Keep a notebook by your bed and at the end of everyday jot down everything you’re done that day. It’s so easy to forget the little achievements and we can often tell ourselves we’ve done “nothing” with our time. The opposite is almost always true!
- Tell a friend: Arrange a regular meeting with some friends or colleagues where everyone shares what they’ve achieved since your last meeting. Meeting like this both offer opportunities to celebrate what we’ve done and act as a focus for keeping us on track so we have something to report to the group (remember though, it’s little achievements done regularly that build up into a body of work, we don’t need to have “big” achievements to report).
- Carry Affirmation Cards About Yourself – This is one of the fastest tools for your success. You are what you think. Strengthen your self-image every day by reviewing your thoughts. One of the easiest ways to do this is to carry affirmation cards in your wallet and review regularly. Affirmation cards are short bursts of words in business card that prompt and remind your self-image of your intentions. An example might be: I can achieve anything that I put my mind to. I will be satisfied with single helpings.
Once we start to recognize what we’ve achieved we can start to celebrate! Celebrate yourself! Celebrate your accomplishments!
Here are a few of the ways I like to celebrate:
- A cup of tea and take 5 for myself
- Get a massage
- Watching a favorite TV program and mentally unwind
- Give myself a half day
- A fancy piece of dark chocolate (preferably with carmel in the middle)!
HAVE FUN CELEBRATING YOU AND ALL YOUR SUCCESSES.